Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Osho, our purpose is to radically accelerate the energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we need to decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Osho is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life.
Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and well-funded startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
This is your chance to join something special early, and contribute to making a very real impact.
We're also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
Our design team is growing, and we need an up-and-coming digital designer to help us create and innovate digital products that deliver awesome experiences for our users. You'll be working with - and learning from - fellow top class designers, both locally and abroad (virtually).
Our Associate Digital Product Designer will contribute to the creation of high-quality, purpose-driven digital products (web & native apps). This will include user research, ideation, wireframing, prototyping, testing, design & delivery.
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Applying a holistic, end-to-end human-centred design approach (ideation to delivery)
- User research - assisting our Senior Designers in gathering both quantitative & qualitative, to gain insight and deeply understand our users
- Deep collaboration with the wider design & development team, communicating user flows and design intent with internal & external stakeholders
- Developing great UX and carrying out robust user testing & validation
- Contributing to our UI foundations, striving to perfect every visual element
- Working with the team to create production-ready UI designs, specifications & assets
- Contributing to conversations that drive new ideas and challenge assumptions
- Helping define the types of products that Osho creates, and the philosophies behind their development
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if you:
- Are quick-thinking and creative
- Are an excellent communicator with a product-design mindset
- Are comfortable using Figma, or are willing to upskill very quickly
- Can work independently when required, but also thrive in a team environment
- Have a deep willingness to learn, and are passionate about design
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you
- Great new headphones when you join
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year (ziplining, knife throwing, lawn games, what's next?)
- Office dogs
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- A newly-refurbished beachside office in Takapuna
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
We’d love to hear from you! No need to submit a cover letter - just click 'apply' to answer a few short questions of ours (we find this gives us more insight) and attach your CV.
If you have any questions about the role, fire them over to Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org