Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Osho, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we need to decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Osho is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life. We also have a number of team members working remotely from a different locations across New Zealand too.
We closed a $12m capital raise late last year, so we're well funded and ready to grow. Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
This is your chance to join something special early, and contribute to making a very real impact.
We're also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
We have lots of interesting power electronics problems to solve and need an excellent engineer to design world class solutions. We are presently transitioning from research into design, so you will have a foot in both camps, as we simultaneously progress our future roadmap technologies and address our most urgent product design requirements and their transition to production.
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Negotiating design requirements, topology selection and cross-functional tradeoffs
- Evaluating circuit topologies and concepts, supported by simulation where appropriate
- Creating, reviewing and updating schematics and PCB layouts
- Establishing test plans and conducting extensive detailed design analysis of power electronic circuits
- Constructing test jigs and prototypes. This includes performing circuit bringup, debugging and design verification testing in our electronics lab.
- Working with the rest of our hardware team to develop custom transducers, high-bandwidth opamp circuits, high-bandgap semiconductor switches, FET gate driver circuits and AC to DC power supplies
- Analysing standards and designing products to meet them e.g. creepage & clearance, withstand voltages, leakage current and EMC
We know from research that women and other marginalised groups tend to apply only if they feel they check every box. So take note of what we've listed below, but if you think you have what it takes and aren't sure you meet all the bullet points, we still want to hear from you 🙌
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if you have some of the following:
- B.E. in Electrical & Electronic engineering, or similar
- 8+ years commercial experience – ideally in designing electronic products
- An understanding of Product Development and its principles, including development lifecycles and commercialization
- Experience developing electronic products through the product lifecycle from concept through to market in a commercial environment
- The ability and desire to set, raise, and enforce high standards of quality and rigour in our circuit designs
- Expertise in AC/DC power supplies and high power FET switches, with the capability to support robust and efficient design through modelling and simulation, cost analysis, and thermal analysis
- Agility and adaptability
- An understanding of how various technologies integrate into systems
- Experience or passion for working in a start-up environment
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you
- Great new headphones when you join
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year (ziplining, knife throwing, lawn games, what's next?)
- Office dogs
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- Newly-refurbished offices in Auckland (by the beach) and Christchurch (by the park)
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
We’d love to hear from you! No need to submit a cover letter - just click 'apply' to answer a few short questions of ours (we find this gives us more insight) and attach your CV.
If you have any questions about the role, fire them over to Beth at email@example.com