Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Osho, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we need to decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Osho is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life. We're more than happy to take on someone who wants to work remotely from a different location across New Zealand too, or wants to relocate.
We closed a $12m capital raise late last year, so we're well funded and ready to grow. Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
This is your chance to join something special early, and contribute to making a very real impact.
We're also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
We want to grow our testing, verification, and QA capabilities - and we want a highly capable and motivated lead who is looking for their next challenge to drive this. This person will understand why we do testing, how the business obtains value from it, and how to develop an optimal testing process to meet our needs.
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Test needs: Working across the company to understand our diverse testing needs and formulating test methodologies for each discipline/chapter
- Testing: Our Leads are all strong individual contributors, meaning you will be hands-on when it comes to testing in your area of greatest contribution
- Resourcing: Pursuing opportunities to grow our capability through automation, tooling, new methods, external partners and equipment
- Compliance: Working collaboratively to ensure we meet our compliance verification needs, including test methods, coverage, and record keeping
- Team growth: Helping to build an amazing test and verification team through strategic hiring, identifying growth opportunities with existing team members, and supporting an Osho-aligned team culture.
- Testing excellence: Drive test process setup, documentation, and control mechanisms.
- Risk management: Ensure we identify and manage testing risks to the best of our abilities via resourcing, timelines, coverage, performance or reliability.
This is an exciting opportunity where you get to work in a multi-functional environment, supporting our test capability across embedded software, hardware and integration, IOT, mobile, cloud and UX. Some of this is safety-critical and regulated, so you will be contributing to setting up our processes to ensure testing meets our regulatory needs as well as functional performance and amazing user experience.
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if you have at least some of the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering (or similar)
- Experience in a relevant testing domain e.g. embedded systems, electronic systems, hardware, etc.
- 8+ years experience in a test or quality role within Engineering, and at least 2 years experience leading and developing teams
- Familiarity with engineering change management and documentation systems
- Expertise in general test methodology, and how to improve product performance and reliability though testing
- Knowledge of best practice around test process setup, test documentation, and control mechanisms
- Experience in automation test planning, both execution and management
- Experience in, or passion for, working in a start-up environment
Nice to have's:
- A background in testing within a regulated industry is highly desirable
- Exposure to software testing
We know from research that women and other marginalised groups tend to apply only if they feel they check every box. So take note of what we've listed below, but if you think you have what it takes and aren't sure you have all these things, we still want to hear from you 🙌
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year (ziplining, knife throwing, lawn games, BBQ's, etc)
- Office dogs
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- Great new headphones when you join
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
We’d love to hear from you! No need to submit a cover letter - just click 'apply' to answer a few short questions of ours (we find this gives us more insight) and attach your CV.
If you have any questions about the role, fire them over to Steph at email@example.com