Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Osho, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we need to decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Osho is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life. We're more than happy to take on someone who wants to work remotely from a different location across New Zealand too, or wants to relocate.
We closed a $12m capital raise late last year, so we're well funded and ready to grow. Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet ~ 60% of the job criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to apply only when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but are not sure you check every box, we still want to hear from you 🙌
This is your chance to join something special early, and contribute to making a very real impact.
We're also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
The purpose of the Lead Digital Product Designer role is to craft world-class, purpose-driven digital experiences for our customers. To ensure Osho gains a competitive advantage in the way we understand our users and deliver them benefits that are of immense value. Our Lead Digital Product Designer will bring a deep understanding of human interactions and their needs and an expert application of the digital design craft.
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Working in a fast-paced startup with multiple products; you’ll have full accountability for one of these so this is a very hands-on, proactive role.
- Leading product design to deliver high-impact work driven by the needs of the customer, and inspiring behavioural change
- Owning the end-to-end process of new product design; from translating research and business requirements into successful products, to launching and supporting/optimising products in the market.
- Planning product strategy, defining success, prioritising requirements and executing through to delivery.
- Building strong, effective relationships within your team and with other business stakeholders.
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if:
- You thrive on challenges. You’re excited by the opportunity to be part of something BIG, delivering world-changing products in a fast-paced tech startup.
- You know what exceptional design looks like and know how to get there.
- You have deep experience designing, launching and maintaining high-growth, interactive digital products, preferably SaaS.
- You have owned, overseen or been very involved in the entire end-end new product development process, from customer research and problem definition, through to shipping and iterating.
- You have 8+ years of experience and a proven track record; you’ll be a master of your trade with deep UX/IxD and Human Centred Design experience.
- You have experience in taking complex concepts and turning them into approachable human-centred solutions.
- You have a broad toolkit of research and synthesis methods, including quant and qual research, customer journey frameworks, interaction and experience principles
- You have expert knowledge of various design processes & applications (wireframing, prototyping etc) with a strong proficiency in tools like Figma
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you
- Great new headphones when you join
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year (ziplining, knife throwing, lawn games, what's next?)
- Office dogs
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- Newly-refurbished offices in Auckland (by the beach) and Christchurch (by the park)
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
We’d love to hear from you! No need to submit a cover letter - just click 'apply' to answer a few short questions of ours (we find this gives us more insight) and attach your CV.
If you have any questions about the role, fire them over to Beth at email@example.com