Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Osho, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we need to decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Osho is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life. We're more than happy to take on someone who wants to work remotely from a different location across New Zealand too, or wants to relocate.
We closed a $12m capital raise late last year, so we're well funded and ready to grow. Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
This is your chance to join something special early, and contribute to making a very real impact.
We're also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
Our Digital team is working hard to develop software that is user-friendly and delights our customer, and we are now ready to ramp up our testing capability! This is a hybrid manual and automation role, so we require a Jack-Of-All-Trades and Master of Testing!
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Testing mobile, web and cloud applications
- Creating test plans, and test scripts
- Driving a QA mindset across the team
- Loading new versions of firmware onto a device and testing that integration
- Ensuring adherence to QA standards, best-practices, and methodologies
- Engaging with developers to implement test automation and manual testing early the the development process
- Finding ways to automate the testing process to allow us to test efficiently
This is a greenfields opportunity with a start up, so we are open to candidates with a wide range of experience with different testing tools/programming languages.
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if you have:
- At least 5 years of manual and automation testing experience
- Experience with mobile, web and cloud testing
- Experience in testing the integration between hardware and software
- API and UI testing experience is essential
- Resilience, and resourcefulness, and are able to use initiative to research and find solutions to problems
Some nice to haves include:
- Performance testing experience
- ISTQB Certification is ideal, but not essential as experience
- Experience working in a start-up environment is highly desirable
Please note; that as you will need access to hardware, our preference is for someone to be based in Auckland or Christchurch working hybrid remote.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet ~ 60% of the job criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to apply only when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but are not sure you check every box, we still want to hear from you 🙌
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- Great new headphones when you join
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year (ziplining, knife throwing, lawn games, what's next?)
- Office dogs
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- Newly-refurbished offices in Auckland (by the beach) and Christchurch (by the park)
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
We’d love to hear from you! No need to submit a cover letter - just click 'apply' to answer a few short questions of ours (we find this gives us more insight) and attach your CV.
If you have any questions about the role, fire them over to Steph at email@example.com