Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Osho, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we need to decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Osho is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life.
We closed a $12m capital raise late last year, so we're well funded and ready to grow. Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
This is your chance to join something special early, and contribute to making a very real impact.
We're currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
We have an exciting opportunity to come and take ownership as the Lab Manager of our new compliance lab! As a business, we are growing fast so ensuring that we have the right laboratory systems in place to maintain ISO 17025 accreditation (once received) will be vital to our success, and the Lab Manager's role is critical to this.
Please note; whilst we do have a remote first culture, some roles require access to specialist equipment and as a requirement will need to be based at the relevant locations. This is one such role, with the lab in Christchurch. We will consider candidates not based in Christchurch, but you must have a plan to relocate permanently.
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Top level day-to-day running of the lab
- Ensuring we have the right equipment, processes, and resources to meet our testing requirements now, and into the future
- Implementing and maintaining quality processes within the lab; including communication to lab staff of any changes
- Working closely with the Quality Manager to support the lab certification process
- Responsible for training of internal resourcing to implement and embed quality procedures
- Ensuring tests are completed correctly, using the right equipment and resources
- Maintaining equipment calibration records
We think you’ll be perfect a fit for this role if you have:
- Experience working in a similar role within an Electrical Lab
- A strong background in compliance engineering
- Experience working with ISO 17025
- Experience with testing electrical switchgear products, or alternatively a strong background in electrical product testing, e.g. drop tests, flammability testing, environmental protection tests, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage timelines, resources, and reporting to back to the business
- Knowledge of IEC 61009-1, IEC 61439 series, IEC 60947 series, or similar
Some nice to haves include:
- Experience leading a team of compliance engineers
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet ~ 60% of the job criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to apply only when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes, but are not sure you check every box, we still want to hear from you 🙌
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- Great new headphones when you join
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year (ziplining, knife throwing, lawn games, what's next?)
- Office dogs
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- Newly-refurbished offices in Auckland (by the beach) and Christchurch (by the park)
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
We’d love to hear from you! No need to submit a cover letter - just click 'apply' to answer a few short questions of ours (our application form is designed to give us more insight into you as a human!) and attach your CV.
If you have any questions about the role, fire them over to Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org